Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Eight.

Current Favorite Bands/Music Obsession.

My top favorite four bands always stay the same: HIM, Kill Hannah The Rasmus and Razed In Black. I'll always go out of my way for those bands. Yes, one is industrial.. So? I happen to love industrial music; get over it. It's the bands after those three that like to change it up depending on what type of mood I'm in on a particular day. I Am Ghost will always have a place in my heart, I never got to see them perform live, and I wish I had because I love their music. I wish I had gotten to see them. The next band I am dearly in love with is 30 Seconds To Mars... not because Jared Leto is fucking gorgeous, but because the music actually means something when you listen to it, and the lyrics are phenomenally written. I have yet to see them in concert still, and I've loved their music for years now. I need to see them before I die; that's a fact. So let's move on into other bands: Mind.In.A.Box: Their music can be soothing, magical and can make me want to go to a rave and just... rave all night long. When you think about it, industrial music isn't supposed to have amazingly written lyrics, just amazing beats. Well this band has both of them; and I just can't get enough of them at all. I really want to go to Kenetik Festival in Montreal this May to see them and all the other Industrial bands that are going to be there.. but I just don't have the money to go anywhere now that I am away in college... And I hate that I can't go. The other bands that I will do anything for include William Control and Aiden (same person technically), Vampires Everywhere!, The Misfits, The Zombie Mafia, Sirena, September Mourning, Modern Day Escape, and Motionless In White. Most of the members in these bands I just listed are friends. Sirena is made up of a bunch of people I know, and so is The Zombie Mafia. I do pictures for The Misfits every year in October, and a few of the other bands whenever they come around. I can't wait for Aiden to go back on tour so I can see WiL again; I miss him, and I love that he knows me by name now after spending some time with him on his last tour. I'm getting older now, and starting to become friends with the bands instead of being a groupie like I admit I used to be. I'm dressing differently when I go to shows; not to be a whore, but to show that I don't need to wear jeans and sneakers to a show anymore and I'm an actual fucking human being who can still enjoy the music. I'm changing, and I'm changing for the better. I'm becoming who I want to be in the music business; I just haven't gotten there completely yet.